QuikRead go iFOBT
QuikRead go iFOBT is an immunochemical FIT test for detection and quantification of human haemoglobin in faeces in case of suspected bleeding from the lower gastrointestinal tract. The measurement is carried out with the QuikRead go instrument which can be connected to HIS/LIS systems, if needed.
This ready-to-use kit and its straightforward test procedure together with the instrument provide an accurate result in less than three minutes.
The results can be obtained as qualitative or as quantitative, numerical results.
When used as a qualitative test the samples containing human haemoglobin above 15 µg/g faeces (75 ng/ml) are recognized as positives.
The quantitative measurement range starts from 10 µg/g faeces (50 ng/ml) and concentrations up to 200 µg/g faeces (1000 ng/ml) are shown as numerical result. Concentrations above this are displayed as > 200 µg/g (>1000 ng/ml).
QuikRead go iFOBT provides you with
- Quantitative results enable use of national recommendations
- Results can be weighed against each patient's age and gender or possible risk factors
- Flexible test procedure is easy to fit into the daily routines of laboratories and in point-of-care
- Five (5) days sample stability in the sampling vial at 18-25°C allows convenient sampling at home and time to return the sample to the analyzing site
- Numerical results in range of 10-200 µg/g (50-1000 ng/ml)
- Instrument settings allow choosing a qualitative result with a cut-off of 15 µg/g
- Instrument read results make visual result interpretation unnecessary
- Automated test procedure includes only few manual steps
- Handy and hygienic sampling vial regulates the quantity of the sample
Proven QuikRead quality
- No need for manual calibration of the test
- Results are automatically stored in the instrument’s memory
- User and patient information can be stored with the results and sent to LIS/HIS when required
- Connectivity and bi-directional data exchange allow to manage several instruments centrally
Test results should never be used alone, without a complete clinical evaluation.
QuikRead go iFOBT is not registered in the USA.
|Use||For in vitro diagnostic use|
QuikRead go Instrument
|Time to result||Less than 3 minutes|
|Reading of the result||Instrument read|
|Storage||2 - 8 °C|
|Shelf life||14 months|
|Transportation||2 - 8 °C|
|Size and weight||10 x 14 x 8 cm, 452 g|
|Full export carton of kits||24|
With QuikRead go iFOBT 151051
With QuikRead go iFOBT 136189
|Country of origin||Finland|
|Registration||Not registered in the USA|
|Registered trademark||QuikRead go is a registered trademark of Aidian Oy|
About the analyte and testing
The normal physiological bleeding from the gastrointestinal tract is low in healthy persons. The faecal haemoglobin varies with gender and age, being higher for males than females and increasing by age for both genders.
Occult gastrointestinal bleeding is defined as bleeding which is unknown to the patient. Occult bleeding itself is not a disease, but it might be a symptom of various conditions.
Significant amounts of blood can be hidden in faeces. Faecal occult blood tests provide information on excessive bleeding and mandate further investigations of the gastrointestinal tract, starting typically with the colon.
Additionally needed materials
QuikRead iFOB Sampling Set and QuikRead FOB Sampling Set contains 50 sampling tubes with buffer, instructions for use, patient labels and patient instructions. These tubes are designed to collect the defined faeces amount into the buffer and to dispense the correct volume of sample solution into the test cuvette. The sampling tubes are intended for use with QuikRead go iFOBT or QuikRead FOB quantitative tests.
QuikRead FOB Positive Control is intended for high concentration quality control of QuikRead FOB quantitative and QuikRead go iFOBT assays. If the qualitative measurement is in use, the result should be “Positive” and when the test is used as quantitative, the result should be > 1000 ng/ml or > 200 µg/g
QuikRead go iFOBT Control Quantitative and QuikRead FOB Control Quantitative kits are intended for low concentration quality control of QuikRead FOB quantitative or QuikRead go iFOBT assays. The control should provide a “Positive” result when the qualitative measurement is used and when the quantitative measurement is used, the result should be within the range indicated on the control vial label.
Documents and materials
Marketing and sales materials
QuikRead go iFOBT Test Procedure Video (EN)
Video on YouTube: QuikRead go iFOBT Test Procedure
Instructions for use
(For informative use only. Kindly always refer to the latest package insert in the kit.)
Safety Data Sheet