Antibody test for SARS-CoV-2 IgG and IgM
Antibodies against the SARS-CoV reach a detectable level in the patient's blood one to two weeks after infection.
- An antibody test cannot be used for diagnosis in the early stage of the infection.
- There are research initiatives to use serological tests to identify the of COVID-19 patients who have had symptomless or mild disease. This would show the estimate of true size of the epidemic.
- It is still under investigation how long the antibodies remain in circulation.
The 2019-nCoV IgG / IgM Rapid Test Cassette by Acro Biotech Inc. for easy and accessible antibody detection
- High accuracy
- Convenient usability as only a fingerstick blood sample is needed
- Results in only 10 minutes