Antigen tests for SARS-CoV-2
The antigen tests for COVID infection are relatively inexpensive, fast and suitable for point-of-care use. The performance of the tests depends much on how they are used. The antigen tests are most suitable when they are used as a diagnostic aid for persons who have recently become symptomatic and the virus load in the respiratory tract is high. Comprehensive evidence on usefulness in asymptomatic infected persons is not yet available.
Antibody test for SARS-CoV-2 IgG and IgM
Antibodies against the SARS-CoV reach a detectable level in the patient's blood one to two weeks after infection.
- An antibody test cannot be used for diagnosis in the early stage of the infection.
- There are research initiatives to use serological tests to identify the of COVID-19 patients who have had symptomless or mild disease. This would show the estimate of true size of the epidemic.
- It is still under investigation how long the antibodies remain in circulation.
Materials for Antibody test SARS-CoV-2 IgG and IgM
The role of antibody detection in COVID-19 management (EN)
Rapid test flyer (EN)
The 2019-nCoV IgG / IgM Rapid Test Cassette by Acro Biotech Inc. for easy and accessible antibody detection
- High accuracy
- Convenient usability as only a fingerstick blood sample is needed
- Results in only 10 minutes